Sunday, February 17, 2008

Made for Cuddles

Another busy week. Oldest son Cam came home to have surgery on his eardrum and the gruesome twosome (Spencer and Hailey) came for a one week visit. Its been hectic but nice to have everyone home. Between all my running around, I managed to finish Cam's throw blanket before his surgery. He really liked it and could be found on the couch cuddled up in it for most of the week. This was a simple pattern to knit, just garter and stocking stitch. The difference in the bulk and texture of the wools ( 100% silk, 100% cotton and 98% Alpaca with 2% nylon) made this a very light loose knit but warm one as well. I am very happy with the finished product. Because of all the ends that needed to be woven in I decided to tie them together and make a fringe.

On the reading front I am reading The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris and at the halfway mark I am really enjoying it. For valentines day hubby gave me a gift certificate for Chapters, so off to one of my favorite stores I did go. I bought two knitting mags and a wishlist book along with a knitting book. I think I'm in Love. (he he he)

No comments: