Monday, August 4, 2008

Another Quick Catch UP

WOW, over 3 months since I have made a post. Still reading and knitting just have not taken the time to journal about any of it. Since my last post I have read about 11 books and finished quite a few knitting projects. I will have to look and see how to post them in a journal post.

A few of the books I have read are: Night by Elie Wiesel (excellent), The Mistress's Daughter by A. M. Homes(disappointing), Drunk divorced and Covered in Cat Hair by Laurie Perry (cute knitting read), Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch (good), The Girl Who TStopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson (an ok read), Garden Spells by Sarah Addison (great new writer with her second book out in hardcover right now), The Me I Used To BE by Jennifer Archer (I was surprised how harlequins have changed over the years, this was good), Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote (not his best work but definatly worth the read), Lottery by Patricia Wood (great story), and A Hidden Life by Adele Geras (average story). Phew, most of these are journaled on my bookcrossing.com bookshelf. Im almost finished "The Ballad Of Typhoid Mary" by J. F, Federspiel. A book that I tried to read years ago but left if at work and someone took it!! The very sweet MsJoanna from bookcrossing found another copy and sent it to me. This book has been out of print for some time and very hard to get your hands on. More later, Im off to read and knit.Oh ya, I just looked at how Im doing with my goal of reading the 24 books I picked for this year and I have only read 8 out of the 24 - I better get crackin!

1 comment:

.Books by TJ Baff said...

you need to start blogging again!!!! LOL
Tam