Saturday, January 26, 2008

Book Meme

Dana (Aceofhearts) tagged me to complete this meme

What book do you irrationally cringe away from reading, despite seeing only positive reviews?
Three immediately come to mind - "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb, and I'm not sure why because I enjoyed his other novel. I have only heard good things about this book but I have had it on my bookshelf a few times and just could not bring myself to attempt it. The second book is "The DaVinci Code" and the third is any Harry Potter books.

If you could bring three characters to life for a social event, who would they be and what would the event be?
I would bring Inspector Alan Banks from Peter Robinson's mystery series, Anne Shirley of "Anne of Green Gables" and Moranna MacKenzie of "An Audience of Chairs". We would meet at a remote cabin in a clearing somewhere near the Ocean. Our time would be spent drinking tea and shooting the shit.

You are told you can't die until you read the most boring novel on the planet. While this immortality is great for awhile, eventually you realize it's past time to die. Which book would you expect to give you a nice grave?
I don't know if it is the most boring book on the planet but I think the Bible and following its lessons would help to secure a nice hereafter. I've only read parts of it so I guess I will have to stick around for awhile longer. he he

Come on, we've all been there. Which book have you pretended, or at least hinted, that you've read, when in fact you have been nowhere near it?
I dont think that I have ever hinted or lied about reading a book that I havent.

As an addition to the last question, has there been a book that you really thought you had read, only to realize when you read a review about it/go to 'reread' it that you have'nt. Which book?
I can't think of one but I'm sure it has happened on occasion probabky if it was part of a series I might become confused about having read it or not.

You've been appointed Book Advisor to a VIP (who's not a big reader). What's the first book you would pick and why?
I would pick "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee because it is a classic (IMO), aone of my very favorite books.

A good fairy comes and grants you one wish: you will have perfect reading comprehension in the foreign language of your choice. What language do you go with?
Probably Gaelic.

A mischievious fairy comes and tells you that you must pick one book that you will reread once a year for the rest of your life. Which book would you pick?
Easily "The Time Travellers Wife"

I know that the book blogging community, and its various challenges, have pushed my reading borders. What is one bookish thing that you 'discovered' from book blogging?
Definately to read out of my normal comfort zone, and that there is a whole world out there to still be discovered.

That good fairy is back for one last visit. Now, she's granting you your dream library! Describe it and the books that would fill it.

My dream library would have a huge window that looks out over rolling hills, a pond and beautiful flower gardens. It would have a window seat covered with a comfy cushion.
The bookshelves would be built in and the books on them would be both new and used ( I love a book that has been 'loved' my many. It would not matter if they were paperback or hardcover and some would be autographed. I would have an over stuffed chair and a horribly comfy over sized couch, that you would just sink into. The walls would be covered in pictures of family and friends and the floors would be in big plank hardwood with a small throw rug. This room would be probably decorated like an old english country house. There would also be a huge wood burning fireplace, like the ones in old manor houses that use to heat the whole house.

Now I have to tag 4 people to complete this meme.
Lauren (hoserlauren), Shelley (jessiebud), Vincenza (cestmoi) and Janelle (Antheras)

1 comment: