Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Reading Goals for 2008

Every January I set some type of reading goal for myself. It's usually the amount of books that I want to read by the end of the year. I decided that this year would be different, it doesn't matter how many books I read,but I don't want to rush through them in order to reach my goal. I found that I was doing that the past couple years. My goal is to complete the following books that have been in my TBR pile for varying times. It doesn't matter if I read them all in a row or what order I read them, as long as I read them.

Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont by Elizabeth Taylor
The Keepers of the House by Shirley Anne Grau
The Grass Harp by Truman Capote
A Parchment of Leaves by Silas House
The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris
Margarettown by Gabrielle Zevin
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant
The Rock Orchard by Paula Wall
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Happiness Sold Seperately by Lolly Winston
Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill
Carry Me Down by MJ Hyland
A Family Daughter by Maile Meloy
Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote
Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
The Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers
Wicked by Jilly Cooper
The Summer that Never Was by Peter Robinson
The Man Called Cash by Steve Turner
The Ballad of Typhoid Mary by J.F. Federspiel
The piano man's daughter by Timothy Findley
The Vision of Emma Blau by Ursula Hegi
The Way the Crow Flies by Ann Marie MacDonald

These were picked for many different reasons. some because I enjoy the author, some because they have sat on my shelf forever, some have been recommended by friends or have simply caught my eye, some because they are a Canadian author. I have even been known to pick a book because I like the title or the cover. I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Knitting is still occupying alot of my time right now and hopefully soon I will get a few pics of my projects on here.

No comments: