Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Yorkshire Pudding Club


Emailing: mj_yorkshire
Originally uploaded by
chronicbooker3
I picked this up last year in England. There was lovely outdoor market near where my mominlaw lived and they had a huge stand full of books. This was just one that I grabbed from this market. We had to fly out so suddenly that I didnt even pack any books. This market also had some colourful yarn that I have since used and didnt take any pics of. When mil passed away reading was the last thing on my mind and then with all the books I have at home this just seemed to fall to the bottom of the pile.

A few days ago I came across it and feeling that I wanted a light hearted sort of read decided that its time had come. The inside cover said that this was Milly Johnson's first novel and that she had another in the works. The Yorkshire Pudding Club starts with three thirty something lifelong friends having a picnic at the base of a fertility statue. Helen the only one of the group that wants to have a child and is desperate to concieve has decided that perhaps the statue may be her last chance. From the picture on the cover of the book it is easy to see that Helen will not be the only one with life changes in the works.

The plot was mostly predictable and aside from a few older stereotypical situations I enjoyed this light and funny read. But then again Im a sucker for anything British and Babies.

No comments: